自你离开家园 母亲就失去笑颜
Since leaving your true home—Mother in Heaven is so sad
日日夜夜望穿了双眼 谁知道那种思念
Day and night anxiously awaiting—Who can understand this longing?
红尘那么遥远 游子你是在哪边
The world is so far away—Oh, where to are you wandering?
佛菩萨声声呼唤规劝 不知你有没有听见
Buddhas and bodhisattvas exhorting—Have you even been listening?
否记得你答应过的 不会遗忘彼此的誓言
Remember you agreed not to forget the promise made in Heaven
但你沉醉在世俗的心念 那么地深陷
Deeply indulging in worldly desire—Deep in karmic debt
可不可以睁睁眼 把世间的真假看明全
Can you open up your eyes—To see clearly what is true in this world
母在苦苦等候 孩子梦醒回家那一天
Mother in Heaven awaits children's awakening and return
从此不必倚闾盼望情牵 内心也安闲
From then on there will be no more longing—Heart will be at ease
归期莫要拖延 重拾那快乐的从前
Do not delay your return—Revive bygone happiness and joy